100gm (4oz) smoked haddock
50gm (2oz) English butter
150ml (1/4pt) fresh double cream 3 eggs separated
Salt and freshly ground pepper
50g (2oz) English Cheddar cheese grated
1. Place the fish in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer gently for 10 minutes. Drain and flake the fish, discarding skin and bones.
2. Place the fish in a pan with half the butter and 30ml (2 tbspn) fresh cream. Toss over a high heat until the butter melts. Leave to cool.
3. Beat the egg yolks in a bowl with 15ml (1 tbsp) fresh cream & seasoning. Stir in the fish mixture. Stiffly whisk the egg whites and fold in.
4. Heat the remaining butter in an omelette pan. Fry the egg mixture, but make sure it remains fairly fluid. Add smoked haddock mixture to omelette. Do not fold over. Slide it on to a flameproof serving dish.
5. Top with cheese and remaining fresh cream blended together. Then quickly bubble under a preheated grill. Slide onto a heat proof serving plate.