George’s Fish Pie
2 good sized smoked haddock fillets (boned)
1lb of potatoes
1 clove of garlic
1/2 pint of milk
3oz grated cheddar
1 teaspoon of mustard
1 tablespoon of corn _our
1. Mash potatoes until soft and creamy.
2. Place smoked haddock into a pan of cold water
and bring to the boil. Then drain o_ the water.
3. Sauté the garlic in butter then make a roux with the corn flour.
4. Add milk.
5. Stir until it thickens, and then stir in the cheese and mustard.
6. Flake the smoked haddock and add to the sauce.
7. Spread mashed potato around the outside of the dish then pour cheese sauce mixture into the centre.
8. Sprinkle with grated cheese and arrange slices of tomato on top.
9. Grill until the cheese is bubbling then serve.